Actual status and budget proposition
Describe the actual progress and status of your project (i.e. where are you in the overall process of bringing your product/service to the market?) and indicate the overall funding needs for the entire process (i.e. beyond imec.istart). Provide a detailed budget breakdown of how the imec.istart budget (max. 50 kEUR) will be used for your project. Max. 1/3 of the budget can be directed towards further product/technology development. Salaries and other forms of compensation for the entrepreneurs themselves are not eligible. Provide some concrete milestones to be reached during the imec.istart project (at least 1 milestone per ‘cost category’).
Provide a business pitch of maximally 12 slides, containing at least following information:
- Solution: What is the product (and service) you wish to commercialize?
- Need: What is the significant customer and market need addressed by your solution?
- Market & Customer(s): What are the market(s) or market segment(s) you intend to serve? What type of customers do you intend to address?
- Approach: What is your (preliminary) go-to-market strategy? How / where will your product (and service) be sold?
- Business model: How do you think you will make money?
- Competition: Who are your competitors (both current and potential) and how does your project relate to them?
- Benefits: What are the specific benefits of your product/service compared to existing solutions (i.e. what is/are your differentiator(s) or competitive advantage(s))?
- Team: Who is part of the team that will turn your start-up into a success?
- Bonus: What is the one special thing you want to add to convince us?
Download Template (ENG)
Present your project in a short executive summary (max. 2 pages - mandatory use of the template available above).
Present your team members and their relevant expertise in 1 page. If relevant add your team members’ CV to this document. (LinkedIn profile can be sufficient).
Non Disclosure Agreement